The George and Annie Starck Homes is a registered welfare organisation and was established in 1967. It was the “dream village” envisaged by the benefactor Mr George Henry Starck who died in 1958.
The manor house, “Oosterzee” which was originally the residence of the Starck family,was built on the slopes of the Tygerberg, in the northern suburb of Bellville and is the centre of all activities at the Homes. The Homes consist of 10 houses, each with supervisory staff, accommodating 10 residents and a separate frail-care unit which can accommodate 55 patients.
The houses are surrounded by well-maintained gardens and paved walkways in a tranquil environment.
Both management and staff are fully trained professionals who are led by the General Manager and who sees to it that the residents are comfortable and well cared for at all times. The Homes are governed by a management committee which meets each month, who in turn reports to the Administrators of the Trust. The Trust also funds another home, namely the GH Starck Centre for the aged in Hanover Park.